INSTAGRAM @SHEYNTHIA

Thursday, January 07, 2016

A long lost friend

Was tidying up my stuffs today and saw my box full of letters and cards. It is always there beside me actually, but I rarely wanna open it as it is too dusty and yes, I'm lazy. So I rarely do cleaning jobs. I found these letters from a good friend of mine back in primary school for about 10 years ago when she just moved to KL after standard 5. We stopped contacting each other after I stopped writing to her. My bad...

Some years later I thought of contacting her but I didn't have her number. What I had was only the address I used to send letters to, and also wondering if she still remembered me after so long. Tried to search for her in Facebook too but got no results. Honestly, I think about her sometimes and wonder if we still be able to meet someday.

So when I saw the letters this afternoon, I decided to try again. Not putting too much hope on Facebook this time. I was planning to send a letter to the previous address that I got. I really wished to find this girl. Tried searching on Facebook again, by inserting her surname and the area that she lives in. A pretty girl appeared from the suggestion box, and I decided to click into it, not missing out any chance that might make me found her... "from Sabah, Malaysia".

It was really her. Checked thru her photos and confirmed it was her and I sent a friend request without any hesitation feeling so so so so so happy. Not long after, I heard the notification alert from my Facebook messenger. Tot it was from some stupid guys but when I checked, it was from her with a big 😍 emoji and called me 萱颖. That moment I know that she's my long lost old friend. I was so touched that I almost burst into tears!

p/s: We had great chat. She told me that she moved houses for a few times after we stopped writing to each other. She once went back to her old place to see if she got any letters from me.

1 comment: